Fast First Trial and Stimulus Presentation Length

Hi,

I have an ‘Instructions’ routine coded and then in the next routine, ‘Task’, a set of 5 images are presented on the screen for 5 seconds.
The routine ‘Task’ is within a loop that pulls images randomly from an excel spreadsheet.
I am running into a problem where the first set of 5 images does not actually stay on the screen for 5 seconds even though it is supposed to. It seems almost like a lag in the program where the images only stay on the screen for 2-3 seconds.

I was wondering how I can fix this bug, or how to code a column in my output data that will tell me how long each ‘Task’ routine actually stays on the screen for.

I am using v3.0.0b10

Thanks

Hi @leorelizur, I would update your psychopy to the latest stable release, version 3.0.1. Not sure what is happening with your experiment, would you be able to post your Builder file?

Here are my builder files, I will try to update my psychopy: ForcedChoiceBOSS_CBA.psyexp (76.5 KB)
ForcedChoiceNAPS_CBA.psyexp (61.6 KB)

Hi,

Wondering if there were any fixes for this issue? I’m having the same issue, where stimuli in the first active block (after initial 36s rest block with crosshair) are appearing for ~1s shorter than they are programmed to. Same thing where it seems like some sort of lag in the timing stabilising. My stimuli are white text on a black background. I have had to use a 2021 version on a PC in scanner control room, however the issue is also happening using v2023.2.3 on my Mac laptop. I’ve looked at the psyexp file and the last run python file, and there’s no error in programmed stimulus duration. All the text stimuli are coded as 9s duration, though some are on screen for ~8s during the first block.

Thanks very much,

Bonnie.