Experiment Shows Background (no text) then Crashes

Hi, complete newbie here.

Due to Covid I’m trying to figure out how to make my experiment accessible online, and I’ve lost access to the software that my supervisor pays for, so here I am. I tried to make 1 trial of my experiment on Psychopy2020.2.4 (Python3.6) and when I press Run it asks for my participant number, then displays a blank grey screen before closing. There are no error messages and the Coder doesn’t seem to open, so I have no clue what’s going on. Any advice would be appreciated!

What does your experiment look like? If you could share the .psyexp file that would help us see what exactly is going wrong

Thanks for the fast response, but I don’t even know what a .psyexp is? Like I said, I’m a newbie. I’ve never programmed an experiment before. How do I find the .psyexp file?

So after hours of googling and fiddling with the settings of my experiment and on my computer itself, I realised it was a simple fix. I had to go into Preferences>Hardware>audio library and rearrange my sound preferences so that the option ‘PTB’ was at the top of the list. I have no idea what it means, or why my sound settings mattered at all for a build with no sound, but it works now.