Experiment not Opening - RuntimeWarning: divide by zero paired with weird monitor callibration

Hey all,

PsychoPy version : 2020.1.2 and 2020.1.3
Standard Standalone? : Yes
What are you trying to achieve?: Literally any experiment - even a simple tests with three seconds of text displayed will not work

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
I’ve created a bunch of PsychoPy experiments on a Mac OS (v 10.14.6) PsychoPy version 2020.1.2. I am now trying to get these experiments to run on a Surface Pro X Model 1876 (Windows 10) - PsychoPy version 2020.1.3. I am working on getting experiments to run through remotely logging in through TeamViewer.

When I try to run the experiments on the Surface Pro, I get a message that the experiment is running but nothing else ever happens (no pop ups or experiment windows). When I stop the run (hitting red x), I get the below error messages.

What did you try to make it work?: I built it in Builder on Mac OS and trying to run it on Windows. Ran seamlessly on the Mac and not the Windows. I’ve tried changing the resolution of the windows machine to match the recent monitor calibration in PsychoPy. I uninstalled and reinstalled PsychoPy on the Windows machine, thinking that I could reset some settings and create an experiment that wasn’t imported from a Mac - didn’t work even with the most simple text display. I checked to make sure the python version being used was the one downloaded with the standalone (it was). Tried running the experiment by changing the version of PsychoPy to the other 2020.1 versions - same errors.

Please help!

21.0016     INFO     Loaded monitor calibration from ['2020_07_24 18:23']
Generating PsychoPy script...

############## Running: C:\Users\lcnsl\Documents\test2_lastrun.py ##############
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:180: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in exp2
  eps=exp2(_ld(-112)),
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:81: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in log10
  self.precision = int(-log10(self.eps))
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:82: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in power
  self.resolution = float_to_float(float_conv(10) ** (-self.precision))
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:186: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in exp2
  _epsneg_f80 = exp2(_ld(-64))
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:187: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in exp2
  _tiny_f80 = exp2(_ld(-16382))
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:201: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in exp2
  eps=exp2(_ld(-63)),
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:211: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in nextafter
  if hasattr(umath, 'nextafter')  # Missing on some platforms?
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:223: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in exp2
  eps=exp2(_ld(-105)),
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:224: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in exp2
  epsneg= exp2(_ld(-106)),
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\getlimits.py:226: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in exp2
  tiny=exp2(_ld(-1022)))
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\scimath.py:32: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in log
  _ln2 = nx.log(2.0)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py:219: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in sqrt
  return f(*args, **kwds)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py:219: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in double_scalars
  return f(*args, **kwds)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\__init__.py:217: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in subtract
  if not abs(x.dot(x) - 2.0) < 1e-5:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\numpy\__init__.py:217: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in absolute
  if not abs(x.dot(x) - 2.0) < 1e-5:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pandas\tseries\offsets.py:2210: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in add
  _inc = Timedelta(microseconds=1000)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pandas\tseries\offsets.py:2331: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in add
  _inc = Timedelta(days=1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pandas\tseries\offsets.py:2336: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in add
  _inc = Timedelta(hours=1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pandas\tseries\offsets.py:2341: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in add
  _inc = Timedelta(minutes=1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pandas\tseries\offsets.py:2346: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in add
  _inc = Timedelta(seconds=1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pandas\tseries\offsets.py:2351: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in add
  _inc = Timedelta(milliseconds=1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pandas\tseries\offsets.py:2356: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in add
  _inc = Timedelta(microseconds=1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pandas\tseries\offsets.py:2361: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in add
  _inc = Timedelta(nanoseconds=1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\scipy\optimize\optimize.py:153: RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in sqrt
  _epsilon = sqrt(numpy.finfo(float).eps)
##### Experiment ended. #####