psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Experiment fails to run for some Windows users

URL of experiment: https://run.pavlovia.org/jderrfuss/primex

Description of the problem: Well, I wish I could be more specific, but for some (but not all) Windows users the experiment above does not run. It used to say “Unspecified JavaScript error”, but when I tried again just now it was stuck on “Initialising experiment”. The one change I made in the meantime was moving a code component from “Begin Experiment” to “Before experiment”.

This was the output in the console when “Unspecified JavaScript error” was displayed:

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Jan

I rarely use Before Experiment.

inputFiles = [“inputA.xlsx”, “inputB.xlsx”]; would definitely be more appropriate in Begin Experiment

My crib sheet has some suggestions for the Unspecified JavaScript error.

Thanks, @wakecarter. I did have a look at your crib sheet initially, but didn’t come across anything that would explain that the experiment seems to run for macOS users, and some, but not all Windows users. The crib sheet is nevertheless an extremely helpful resource. :slight_smile:

Experiment seems to runs fine under Windows 10 Insider preview build 21318.1000 and version 2004 but fails under Windows 10 version 1909 using exactly the same version of the Edge browser (88.0.705.74). Seems to suggest an underlying Windows issue that has been resolved in more recent versions of Windows 10.

1 Like

Wow, that is really weird. Thanks for these insights, @walter.

Jan