Error running study online: when setting the image of ImageSim/ when getting value of resource

Hello - I wonder if anyone can help with what I’m guessing has to be a js issue, but I don’t know how to track it down. I know that others have reported similar errors for several slightly different reasons, eg see below.

URL of experiment: 03ExtCue2022_scenecue [PsychoPy] (the error happens after the practice phase, as soon as the task ‘proper’ begins).

Description of the problem:
The task runs fine offline but no longer runs online. I made some updates, the main one being updating the trial by trial stimulus list files in scene_img_folder. But the earlier version of the task ran ok with the same folder name, and I have re-added all the individual stimulus files within this folder using the Online settings tab in the builder → Additional Resources.

The error message is very similar to this recent one but the previous errors seem to have disparate causes eg (Error running study online: “when setting the image of ImageSim" and "when getting value of resource").

I have tried to attach a screenshot of the error with the view from the js debugger.

(The other changes involved image layout sizes but this error happens even when individual components are inactivated.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you take a close look at your error message in the Developer console you’ll see that there appear to be spaces between office.jpg and the closing quote. Look for stray spaces in the corresponding cell in your spreadsheet.

Thanks for your reply! Yes that seems to have been part of the problem. But now I have removed leading and trailing spaces, initial trials are shown successfully but a similar-looking error recurs when certain images are to be shown. These images are the 3 images I recently added - but I can’t see any difference between these and the old images in the sense that they have a) been uploaded to gitlab successfully, b) are all .png format just like the originals, c) are no larger (or smaller), and d) are explicitly pointed to in the Additional Resources. This seems to be the relevant ‘fatal’ error:

   FATAL 17:29:10.245 GUI.dialog psychojs-2021.2.3.js:1257 | {"origin":"ImageStim.setImage","context":"when setting the image of ImageStim: face_pic_study","error":{"origin":"ServerManager.getResource","context":"when getting the value of resource: face_img_folder/GSouthgate.png","error":"unknown resource"}}

BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.js:148