Error message when I click the gear icon (settings) in the builder view

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.5
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.2.2

What are you trying to achieve?: I am attempting to change something under the settings (gear icon), however upon clicking it, i receive the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 1285, in setExperimentSettings
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/dialogs/init.py”, line 1736, in init
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/dialogs/init.py”, line 782, in init
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/dialogs/init.py”, line 633, in init
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/dialogs/init.py”, line 494, in init
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/dialogs/init.py”, line 502, in addParam
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/dialogs/init.py”, line 168, in init
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/dialogs/paramCtrls.py”, line 646, in init
AttributeError: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘val’

I believe I mistakenly entered in a variable in the setting tab; however, I am no longer able to access the tab to fix the error

Psyexp files can be opened in text editors so you may be able to fix it by copying code from a working file to your broken one.

This did the trick-- thank you for this tip!