Edited experiment info: Exit code 1

I am experiencing an error after I the value ‘001’ was placed in the participant ID, the following error occurs when I try to run the experiment:

Error output from runner:
File “~Desktop\PscycoPy AW\Trust Game\GenderTrustV3_lastrun.py”, line 41
‘participant’: 001,
^
SyntaxError: leading zeros in decimal integer literals are not permitted; use an 0o prefix for octal integers
################ Experiment ended with exit code 1 [pid:13644] #################

When I try to return to experiment settings I get the error below in builder:

error that appears when trying to open experiment settings in builder:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1285, in setExperimentSettings
dlg = DlgExperimentProperties(
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs_init_.py”, line 1736, in init
BaseParamsDlg.init(self, frame=frame, element=element, experiment=experiment,
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs_init
.py", line 782, in init
self.ctrls = ParamNotebook(self, element, experiment)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs_init_.py”, line 633, in init
page = self.CategoryPage(self, self.parent, params)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs_init_.py”, line 494, in init
self.addParam(name, param)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs_init_.py”, line 502, in addParam
self.ctrls[name] = ParamCtrls(self.dlg, param.label, param, self, name)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs_init_.py”, line 168, in init
self.valueCtrl = paramCtrls.DictCtrl(parent,
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs\paramCtrls.py”, line 642, in init
newVal.append({‘Field’: key, ‘Default’: v.val})
AttributeError: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘val’

I have tried opening in coder and editing this way and it persists. I have also tried closing out psychopy and restarting it without success.

Hi! You can open the psyexp file in a text editor, change the “001” to “1” and save the file. This should hopefully fix it.