Error: False is not defined

URL of experiment: SocPRODPsychoPyBOYS_OrderA_ROBOT [PsychoPy]

Description of the problem:

Hello there! I’m getting an error that says “ReferenceError: False is not defined” when I try to run my experiment in Pavlovia. Opening up the browser console, it points to the line sound_14.setVolume(1, log=False). This seems to be something that PsychoPy generates automatically when it makes the .js file, as I didn’t write that. It looks like the problem is that it’s trying to use “False” with a capital F, whereas booleans in JS seem to be lowercase. I’ve tried adding a code block to the PsychoPy builder that just says var False = new Boolean(false); in an attempt to trick it into behaving properly, but that didn’t work. Any ideas? I’m stumped.

Hello

Interesting. I am not a JavaScript programmer, so I may be on the wrong track. But it looks like your False definition is defined inside a function and is therefore not available outside the function. Have you tried putting your definition in the Begin experiment tab? Currently it seems to be in a Begin routine tab.

Best wishes Jens

Can you please show us the code that is causing the issue? The full scope.

Chen

That mostly seemed to work! It then gave me a “log is not defined error”, so what I ended up doing is just going through the js file (I know, generally not advised) and changing all the instances of setVolume(1, log=False) to just setVolume(1). That finally let me run my experiment. New errors to sort through now, but that seems to be fixed. Thanks!