[Errno 2] No such file or directory: \default_eyetracker.yaml

PsychoPy version: 2023.2.2

I previously solved the Error “WARNING: pytables package not found. ioHub functionality will be disabled”, which prevents ioHub to start by following downgrading numpy to an older version.https://github.com/psychopy/psychopy/issues/5876
Not sure if that relates to the later error message.

I wanted to connect Tobbi fusion with PsychoPy, and have downloaded the tobbi eyetracker plugins.

but got the following error message:

Error during device creation ....
Traceback (most recent call last):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\server.py", line 715, in createNewMonitoredDevice
    dev_data = self.addDeviceToMonitor(dev_cls_name, dev_conf)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\server.py", line 847, in addDeviceToMonitor
    _dconf = yload(open(dev_conf_pth, 'r'), Loader=yLoader)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files\\PsychoPy\\lib\\site-packages\\psychopy\\iohub\\devices\\eyetracker\\hw\\tobii\\default_eyetracker.yaml'

I listed all files in the directory, no such .yaml

C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\Lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\devices\eyetracker\hw\tobii\calibration.py
C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\Lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\devices\eyetracker\hw\tobii\eyetracker.py
C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\Lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\devices\eyetracker\hw\tobii\tobiiwrapper.py
C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\Lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\devices\eyetracker\hw\tobii\__init__.py
C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\Lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\devices\eyetracker\hw\tobii\__pycache__\calibration.cpython-38.pyc
C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\Lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\devices\eyetracker\hw\tobii\__pycache__\eyetracker.cpython-38.pyc
C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\Lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\devices\eyetracker\hw\tobii\__pycache__\tobiiwrapper.cpython-38.pyc
C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\Lib\site-packages\psychopy\iohub\devices\eyetracker\hw\tobii\__pycache__\__init__.cpython-38.pyc

I found in the previous version, there is a .yaml file

But the 2023.2.2 does not

Add the appropriate eye tracker as a plugin from Tools → Plugin/packages manager

Yes, I did. But still got the error message

I was able to solve the problem by downloading the default_eyetracker.yaml and supported_config_settings.yaml (which is also missing from the current version) from an older version here versions/psychopy/iohub/devices/eyetracker/hw/tobii at master · psychopy/versions · GitHub

No more error message.

1 Like