Empty csv files

URL of experiment: https://pavlovia.org/elena/fast2

Description of the problem: Hi there, so, I downloaded the csv files of my experiment and found that some were empty. I just erased 60 reserved credits, and they keep increasing, and was wondering whether there is a link between those and the empty csv files. The thing I’m mostly concerned about is that participants may actually finish the experiment but the data don’t get saved. Is that possible? any way to find out? thanks!

Something similar has happened to me. I just found I have an empty csv file and have no idea why. Any leads on this topic?

These are files for incomplete participants that for some reason get saved sometimes even when pavlovia is told not to save incomplete data. Happens for me as well.

Does your experiment save partial data? If so, then these could be from participants who aborted right at the beginning before the first data was saved.

It sounds like you are using credits rather than a site licence. I try to avoid releasing reserved credits since it will lose the data of anyone who has already started. They automatically release after 24 hours.

Does your final screen in your experiment ask people to wait for the green thank you for your patience message after they have submitted?

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Yes it has the please wait until the screen closes message. So far it has happened only for one subject. However, now I am encountering another bizarre problem. For two participants their key presses (left/right arrow) were not recorded and I assume they were not detected either, because it took them abnormally long to finish the task. I am super confused as in why this might be so. Any insights? I am using prolific as my participant recruitment service.