Died when press any key

When using the keyboard on a Mac computer, the software is not respond when the user enters any keys. Macbook air. Why?

1 Like

When I click any key on keyboard, PsychoPy will stuck? Why???

ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to /var/folders/1w/wkb_442x7432pwf_pqc0snh0000gn/T/org.opensciencetools.psychopy.saveState Traceback (most recent call last):

OS (e.g. Mac Air):
PsychoPy version (e.g. 2023.2)

This sounds like it could be that PsychoPy is not enabled in your Input Monitoring Settings. You can change that by following the steps here Control access to input monitoring on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If you cannot find PsychoPy, you can click on the + icon under the list of apps and manually add it.

Thanks! I tried to turn it on, but still not working. When I press any key, PsychoPy will die.

Can you run another task such as the in-app Stroop demo and see if it accepts any key responses? If not, I’d suggest restarting your computer.

I tried it in my another laptop and it works after I released my storage with 70G available! Finally! Thanks!

1 Like

It died again. And I found the real problem is “Caps Lock”. Turn it on or turn it off. Either will work!!!