Default tone instead of sound file

URL of experiment:
https://run.pavlovia.org/lscheu/eeg/?__pilotToken=98f13708210194c475687be6106a3b84&__oauthToken=715e074dc10661e645dc65aedeff894dc31611467ab882f0610b4563d9f03dbd

Description of the problem:
I want to administer three sound file per trial to a user (a question, an inter stimuli silence and an answer), followed by a rating period. Sound files are accessed via paths in the conditions file.
While the experiment works offline (disabling the code component in the instructions routine (which fixes the asarray javascript issue)) well, online only the default tone (a C) is played instead of the wanted soundfile.
I have tried the following:

• Specify a non random order (sequential)
  • Use a csv instead of a excel sheet
  • Use MP3 instead of WAV
  • created a new excel sheet (as suggested in this post a previous post)
    I am not quite sure what else I can try. Further, I am unsure whether audio tracks are even implemented in PsychoJS already?

Thanks for the help!

I use audio files online . Please could you show your audio component and or related code?

Thank you for having a look!
Please find below some screenshots of how the experiment is set up and my conditions file.
You can find the whole experiment on GitLab in the OP.

Screenshot_1

other images:

Screenshot_3

ISIs don’t work online so set during ISI is likely to fail.

Also \ should be replaced with / in your Excel

You are an absolute godsend! Thank you, removing the ISI resolved my issue!

1 Like

I’m running into a similar problem. In my experiment, I have various musical clips in each routine/trial. It was running smoothly both in Builder and also online in pilot mode and when I first put it to run on Wednesday night. I posted a couple of updates on Thursday morning and it still ran smoothly after that, but now it’s started to play the default C = 440 tone whenever an excerpt is supposed to play, both in the practice, where audio clips are fixed, and in the trials, where they are variable according to a conditions file. I’m really not sure what changed!

This is a screenshot of the practice routine, where fixed excerpts are supposed to play:

This is the one of the sound components in the practice:

Thanks very much for any suggestions on this!

All best,
Nicky

I have the same issue, where my audio file (mp3) is replaced by a tone which plays continuously…