Consistent image size across screens

It works! Thank you so much!

Hi, I am trying to run screen_scale.ppy on my computer with PsychoPy 2021.1.4, it runs offline just fine, but when I try to run PsychoJS in local debug mode via Runner I get either folder directory or “initialising the experiment” screen forever. I understand that the problem is in the newer version of the Psychopy that I am using. Could you, please, be so kind and hint what should be updated in order to make it work? We wanted to add your code (and of course a proper citation in a paper to be) to our online experiment.
We will greatly appreciate your help,
Dina.

Hi Dina,

First, please can I check that you are using the psyexp Builder file, not the py file.

If you are using the latest version then you probably don’t need the following code in code_JS

event=psychoJS.eventManager;
thisExp=psychoJS.experiment;
win=psychoJS.window;

Please could you check the Browser console for the exact error if disabling code_JS doesn’t work

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I am using screen scale.ppyexp via builder view (window–> runner–>Run PsychoJS).

This is what I got after removing the lines:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
:12002/lib/data-2020.2.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
:12002/lib/util-2020.2.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
:12002/lib/visual-2020.2.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
:12002/lib/sound-2020.2.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

This what I get with the lines you mentioned:

re @ test-audio-scheduled-source-node-start-method-negative-parameters-support.js:4
constant-source-node-constructor.js:42 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page. Zasada autoodtwarzania w Chrome  |  Blog  |  Chrome for Developers
start @ constant-source-node-constructor.js:42
:12002/lib/core-2020.2.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
:12002/lib/data-2020.2.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
:12002/lib/util-2020.2.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
:12002/lib/visual-2020.2.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
:12002/lib/sound-2020.2.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

Are you trying to test the online code locally? I’ve never managed to get this to work so I do all my testing remotely

Got it! Sorry for bothering you.
Anyway removing the lines helped at the stage of merging your code with our code.
Many thanks,
Dina.

вт, 14 сент. 2021 г. в 12:31, Wakefield Morys-Carter via PsychoPy <psychopy@discoursemail.com>:

1 Like