Consistent frame rate error - graphics card set to vertical blank

I’ve built a task that was running fine with no errors, but I’ve noticed that I now get the following error:

7.9636 WARNING Couldn’t measure a consistent frame rate!
** - Is your graphics card set to sync to vertical blank?**
** - Are you running other processes on your computer?**

8.8801 WARNING Couldn’t measure a consistent frame rate!
** - Is your graphics card set to sync to vertical blank?**
** - Are you running other processes on your computer?**

15.5022 WARNING t of last frame was 6622.51ms (=1/0)
17.3160 WARNING t of last frame was 104.37ms (=1/9)
17.9502 WARNING t of last frame was 88.69ms (=1/11)
18.5561 WARNING t of last frame was 77.05ms (=1/12)
19.0905 WARNING Multiple dropped frames have occurred - I’ll stop bothering you about them!

The experiment runs fine (a little slower to start the first instruction slide perhaps) and the output looks sensible, but it would be nice to resolve the problem.

I’m running the task on a Mac Air (M2 version), MacOS Ventura 13.0.1, and PsychoPy version 2022.2.4

I’ve also tried running it on my other laptop (Mac Air M1 version, Ventura 13.0.0, same PsychoPy version) and I get the same error, so it’s not specific to a single laptop. I’m also getting the error for another experiment I created, so it seems to be a general problem.

I haven’t managed to locate information about the laptop’s graphics card to see if it’s set to vertical blank, and I’m not running anything else that is likely to interfere with the task (as far as I know!).

Keeping fingers crossed it can be resolved soon!
Thanks

1 Like

I have the same problem on my mac as well and my visual stimuli just shows up as supper fuzzy so you can’t tell what it is.

Unfortunately, there is an OpenGL vsync bug in macOS Ventura. vsync detection is not working properly. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Well, I got some time but hopefully soon is in the next couple of months because I got experiments to run! The weird thing is that I changed some things around like the size of the video and resolution and it helped to make 2 of the 1-second videos work fine but then it goes right back to being fuzzy.

Did you ever figure out a solution to your issue? I am now facing the same problem.

1 Like

I am still running into this issue and have been unable to find “Input Monitor” settings and am unsure what to change.

I am using a 2022 MacBook Air with a M2 Chip running macOS Ventura 13.5.1 on a 13.6 (2560 x 1664) Liquid Retina Display.