Code crash startup - Mac Apple M1 Pro

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): macOS Monterey 12.2
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.1.1
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:y
**What are you trying to achieve?:

Running a task consisting of a single text to test if psychopy is working

**What did you try to make it work?:

create a text with duration 1s, saved and run

**What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

After run, the screen becomes Gray and then psychopy crashes: I get the following error

2022-03-11 15:52:02.546 python[1047:20306] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to /var/folders/b7/zjqgsh_n6v55777hq0v45j6c0000gn/T/org.opensciencetools.psychopy.savedState
################ Experiment ended with exit code -4 [pid:1047] #################

Any clue ? Thanks !

1 Like

This is quite strange. Change my Mac with this new one and I cannot run anything on it.

Hi There,

Does this work? Problem: can't run experiment, crashes immediately! - #3 by Becca

Thanks,
Becca

Hi Rebecca,
Many thanks for your feedback!
No it does not work. Psychopy is included in accessibility and input monitoring as you suggested but still I get the same message error as before. I tried with the version 2021.2.3 and it is working.
Cheers,
Paolo

1 Like

Just wanted to keep the thread alive. I have the same problem with all 2022.x.x versions of PsychoPy. Like pruggeri, the version 2021.2.3 works. I am on a MacBook Pro M1(2021) running Monterey 12.3.1.

Just one thing that I observed: The buttons of the dialogue box at the very beginning look grey, like if they were unavailable. Not sure if that is an indicator of something. Hope the problem gets solved :-).

Best,

Malte