Changing Search Pathway For Images

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): macOS Catalina
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 3.2.4
Standard Standalone? Y If not then what?:

What are you trying to achieve?:
I’m having difficulty getting my programme to go down the right pathway to find my images. Right now I have my images stored in a separate folder in the folder with the .psyexp file, but my search pathway always ends one folder short (i.e. it stops at the point where the .psyexp file is, but I need it to enter the other folder located in this folder). How can I change the pathway in builder view so that it can go into the folder I need it to?

Also, sorry for asking a second question on top of my first one, but how can I get the images to scale according to the screen? I will be running this experiment online and I need to make sure that the images fit into my participants’ screens.

What did you try to make it work?:

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

@johaernus, for your images you need to set the path of the stimuli relative to the directory containing the psyexp Builder file. E.g., if your stim live in a folder called “images” then your image component should use the path "./images/myimage.png"

To set your stim to scale to the height of any screen, you need to set your stimuli to use “height” units. you can do this in the component itself, and also set as the default screen unit in Experiment Settings (see docs).

1 Like

How should I go about changing the pathway on builder?

Right now, what I’m doing is typing the name of my image in the “Image” tab, should I instead be typing out the whole pathway instead?

When you open your Image component, there will be a field called “Image”, and this is where you type the relative path i.e., the path of the image relative to the .psyexp file

1 Like

Thank you so much! I finally got it to work!