psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Can't upload experiment to Pavlovia

Description of the problem:
When I click the button to send my experiment to pavoliva, psychopy crashes. There’s no error message.

Hey! Probably some preference is corrupted. To clean everything out, try this:

• Uninstall PsychoPy
  • Delete the PsychoPy preferences in %APPDATA%\psychopy3, see Troubleshooting — PsychoPy v2021.2
  • Reinstall PsychoPy
  • In your project folder, show hidden folders and delete the .git folder

Now everything is in mint condition again; please reopen your psyexp file and try syncing again.

You’re trying to run a Python script in the command line; that won’t work indeed :). Try this instead:

1. Navigate to this folder with your File Explorer: %APPDATA%\psychopy3 ,
  2. Select the contents of that directory and delete

Hi,

I followed through all these steps but still whenever i try to launch my study on pavlovia psychopy just says not responding and closes the app.

Hi, I’ve found this useful for an issue I’ve been experiencing. In the Troubleshooting document it says “make sure you change python to the appropriate one for PsychoPy” I’m not sure which python version is the right one for Psychopy?
I’ve also installed python on my computer to use with anaconda/spyder so I’m not sure how to specify that I want to reference Psychopy in the terminal.

The PsychoPy standalone package comes bundled with the right version of Python for it, so if you use that one, it shouldn’t be something you need to worry about. Installation — PsychoPy v2021.2

Do you know why psychopy says not responding every time i try to upload my experiment? And if i open pavlovia in the web browser myself and try to pilot my study it says 403 forbidden.