Can't sync experiment with pavlovia

Hello, I’m trying to sync my experiment with pavlovia, but I get the following traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 160, in submitChanges
self.project.getRepo(forceRefresh=True)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 750, in getRepo
gitRoot = getGitRoot(self.localRoot)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 1049, in getGitRoot
cwd=str§).decode(‘utf-8’):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\subprocess.py”, line 336, in check_output
**kwargs).stdout
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\subprocess.py”, line 418, in run
output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘git’, ‘branch’, ‘–show-current’]’ returned non-zero exit status 128.
I’ve tried several psychopy versions, but it just freezes or returns this error if I try to sync it. Is it a problem with my system or with pavlovia server outage? Thank you

Hi There,

If this is a project that you made since Jan 4th then that will be the problem, as pavlovia is currently running on a snapshot back up.

If you are testing your experiment, copy all files to a new folder (delete and .git files, they could be hidden so make sure to view hidden files) and push a new project for now.

More details here: Getting studies running again on Pavlovia

Hope this helps,
Becca

There seemed to be a problem with psychopy versions, the experiment was created with an older version of psychopy, I needed to change experiment version to the current version and the experiment synced succesfully

1 Like