Cannot import avbin

I know this is an old problem because I have read the old thread in Google Group: Redirecting to Google Groups. Days ago my PsychoPy suddenly cannot import avbin. The error messages in shell are:

import avbin
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
ImportError: No module named avbin

I have copied (32-bit) avbin.dll to system32, SysWow64, Program Files(x86)/PsychoPy, Program Files(x86)/PsychoPy/DLLs and C:\Python27\DLLs but still does not work. I tried all methods in that thread I can understand but no one works for me. Any help? Thanks a lot!

Some info:
I am using PsychoPy v1.83.04
There seems two versions of avbin: one is AVbin 10, the other is AVbin 11-alpha4. Which one should I use?
I am running on Windows 7 64-bit.
The pyglet can be imported properly
I have rebooted the machines many times.
The avbin.dll is in sys.path
print ctypes.util.find_library(‘avbin’) returns C:\Python27\avbin.dll
avbin_lib = ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary(‘avbin’) works (does not report error) in shell.

Looking forward to any help!

We’re not supporting avbin anymore because of its tendency to break randomly. Can you use a different library for presenting your movies?

The other options in the movie Properties dialog is moviepy and opencv. The first makes my application stop response, and the second only flashes my video for one second.

I later brought my experiment back into life by deleting all avbin.dll except the one under C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2 which is 3,665,693 bytes as opposed to the 7MB. Maybe I should have not installed avbin separately at all. Please keep this 3MB version because it is the only one that works.