Can not pilot my experiment on Pavlovia

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem: Hello, I try piloting my Psychopy experiment. It runs the first and second routines (image displays), but when it gets to the first loop (attached to a CSV file), I get this message:

Unfortunately we encountered the following error:

• when setting the image of ImageStim: image_2
  • the argument: ImageStim( name=image, win=Window( name=Window, fullscr=true, color=#ffffff, ~), autoDraw=null, autoLog=true, units=height, pos=[0,0], size=[1.2,1], ori=null, opacity=1, depth=null, clipMask=null, boundingBox={“x”:-0.6,“y”:-0.5,“width”:1.2,“height”:1,“type”:1~, image={}, mask=undefined, color=#ffffff, contrast=1, texRes=128, interpolate=true, flipHoriz=null, flipVert=null ) is not an image" }

The experiment runs fine on Psychopy. Any ideas why do I get this message? Thanks a lot. Dorit

Are you using image_2 as a variable name and also an image component name?

Thanks for your quick response. I don’t think I use the same name as a variable and as an image component. I tried changing the name but it doesn’t help.

Don’t
Use simple terms for variables, since they may already be in use by PsychoPy. Variable names to avoid are: core, image, index, Length, list, Object, Number, round, sound, Symbol, t, thisTrial, trials, util, visual.

I have tried using the word “pic” instead of image2, and it still didn’t work.
Or do you mean I should change the column name in tge CSV file? The $image within the routine?

This – Pavlovia is already using “image” for something else.

Thank you. It actually worked. However, I just purchased credits and it stopped working. It gets stuck on the message “initializing the experiment”. Any idea why that happens? I deleted and created the project again and restarted the computer, but it just doesn’t start. It still works fine on Psychopy. Thank you!

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 30 בספט׳ 2021 ב-15:22 מאת ‪Wakefield Morys-Carter via PsychoPy‬‏ <‪psychopy@discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

Sorry, one more question. When I press the sync button, should I “recreate a project” or “forget the local git”? Maybe recreating the project is the problem?

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 30 בספט׳ 2021 ב-22:27 מאת ‪Dorit Segal‬‏ <‪doritse@gmail.com‬‏>:‬

So sorry for my repeated inquiries. I just managed to get to the screen with the participant field, but it gets stuck there. I don’t see the upload of the files and cannot press OK. It worked the first time, I have no idea why it didn’t work this time. Do you think you can maybe access remotely and see where the problem is? It would be much appreciated. Thank you!

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 30 בספט׳ 2021 ב-22:47 מאת ‪Dorit Segal‬‏ <‪doritse@gmail.com‬‏>:‬

If it asks you to recreate a project then I would do that.

If it then asks a second time there must be something wrong – for example you might be using cloud storage for your local files.

I haven’t come across an offer to “forget the local git” before. Perhaps that’s new.

I can’t look at your experiment without the URL and it having some credits and being set to running – I don’t work for PsychoPy or have any admin rights on Pavlovia.

Hi,
I can set it to running mode and use credits. But if it doesn’t work for piloting, will you see anything if I run it for credits?

If the files are online I can check the console for error messages.

OK, thank you so much. Here is the URL: https://pavlovia.org/run/Doritse/new-experiment-_-pt

Let me know what you think.

‫בתאריך יום ו׳, 1 באוק׳ 2021 ב-0:48 מאת ‪Wakefield Morys-Carter via PsychoPy‬‏ <‪psychopy@discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

Your experiment seems to run when I try it (I got past some practice trials and further instructions I think).

If it won’t run for you try using incognito mode, or Ctrl-Shift-R to flush the cache.

Yes. Now it works. Thank you!!

‫בתאריך יום ו׳, 1 באוק׳ 2021 ב-12:00 מאת ‪Wakefield Morys-Carter via PsychoPy‬‏ <‪psychopy@discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

Hello,
I was hoping to get some help with another issue, if it’s OK.
If I uploaded my Psychopy experiment to Pavlovia and then I want to make a change in the experiment, should I sync it again? When I do, I get a new experiment in Pavlovia instead of changing the existing one. Is that the correct way to make changes? Also, do you have any experience with SONA? After I change the URL in the online Psychopy, do I need to sync it again? Here I have the same problem of recreating a project instead of changing the existing one. Thanks so much for all your help. Dorit

If you are being asked to recreate your experiment every time you sync then you need to solve that issue. Are you storing your local files on a cloud drive? Have you changed your PsychoPy username?