Problem with online experiment uploading the images

Hi,

I am trying to run an experiement online on Pavlovia and I keep getting this error:

Unfortunately we encountered the following error:

• when setting the image of ImageStim: enc
  • the argument: ImageStim( name=image, win=Window( name=Window, fullscr=true, color=#808080, ~), autoDraw=null, autoLog=true, units=height, ori=null, opacity=1, pos=[0,0], size=[1.5,1], image={}, mask=undefined, color=#ffffff, contrast=1, texRes=128, interpolate=true, depth=null, flipHoriz=null, flipVert=null ) is not an image" }

Try to run the experiment again. If the error persists, contact the experiment designer.

I am not quite sure what it’s referring to, as I have previously conducted an experiment online with the same characteristics and it worked just fine.

Thank you!!

Are you calling the variable that contains the image file name “image”? I’d recommend trying something less generic just in case that’s used for something else by PsychoPy. If that fixes it I’ll add image to my list of terms to avoid on my crib sheet.

Best wishes,

Wakefield

Hi,
were you able to resolve your issue? I’m having the exact same problem so would appreciate if you found a solution!

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Naomi, yes, what Wakefield suggested solved my problem. I just called my files something different than image and it worked. Also I deleted the entire experiment on PsychoPy and re-uploaded the new version. Did you try changing the name?

Alba