psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Builder-only experiment throws "ReferenceError: Rect is not defined" on Pavlovia

notdefined

I made a simple experiment with only Polygons and Keyboard events in the builder. It works fine locally, but when I export HTML and push to Pavlovia, I get this error:

The only place that Rect appears in the generated js code is:

// Initialize components for Routine "trial"
  trialClock = new util.Clock();
  rectangle1 = new Rect ({
    win: psychoJS.window, name: 'rectangle1',
    units: psychoJS.window.units,
    width: [0.5, 0.5][0], height: [0.5, 0.5][1],
    ori: 0, pos: [0, 0],
    lineWidth: 1, lineColor: new util.Color([1, 1, 1]),
    fillColor: new util.Color([1, 1, 1]),
    opacity: 1, depth: -1.0, interpolate: true,
  });

I’m probably missing something simple here, but if anyone could point it out it’d be much appreciated!

Hi, I meet a similar problem. RefrerenceError: None is not defined. I try to run the experiment a lot times, but it still not work. The local experiment is normal running in my computer. Can someone give some advice? Thanks!

Hi, I’m also having this issue with Sound:

This is my first time trying to use PsychoPy online, but the documentation says that sound is supported, right? (Like you two, mine works fine locally.)

I found my issue was caused by a blank screen(a text stimulus without any text). So, I solved my issue by add a * mark in blank text content.

Hm, that’s not my problem, all my audio is defined as tones (at first I thought it might be my audio files that set every repeat, so I tested it replacing them with tones). I don’t know Js well enough to know if there’s a mistake in the code translated from python – maybe Js represents tones differently?

Hi, thanks for reporting these errors, they relate to changes in how the Python>JS code translation and both will be fixed in the next release, coming in a few days.

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to the new release of Pychopy3.

Tried it again last night with the beta 12 build and this error was fixed!