Builder can't switch between Pavlovia Projects

Hello everybody,

OS (e.g. Win10): WIn10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2020.2.10
Standard Standalone? (y/n) y
What are you trying to achieve?: I want take an exisiting experiment in the builder and permantly sync it to a different project on pavlovia

What did you try to make it work?: I tried to use the “New” Command under hte “Pavlovia.org” Tab in the builder, also tried looking for a parameter in the builder file itself

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: Using the “New” command works initially, however when closing and opening the builder file again, all changes made are discarded and clicking on “sync” syncs back the original Pavlovia project

I am pretty sure this is just something I just can’t figure out how to do: Is there an easy way to do this?
Additional problem: Despite changing the project root, under “details of this project”, the project root also does not persist when closing and opening the builder file.

Many thanks in advance!

When I want to create a new project similar to one I already have I open the existing experiment and then save as to a new empty folder. Then I press sync to create the new project online.

1 Like

That might be it. My process was just copying the folder in Windows, then changing the project. I will try your method, thanks!

Yeah that actually works, but you got to “Save as”, then close and reopen, than you can set the new root and pavlovia project - not sure if that is super intuitive. Anyway, thank you very much!

If you copy the folder then you need to delete the hidden .git folder which contains the Pavlovia information.

1 Like

…which makes even more sense. Thank you. I will make it a habit to check for hidden folders in windows when things like that come up.