Bug Report: 'psychtoolbox/hid.pyc' file not found

OS (e.g. Win10): Mac OS Catalina (10.15)
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 3.2.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y
What are you trying to achieve?: Running previously created code on the newest version of PsychoPy

What did you try to make it work?: Going to the path to verify present files, comparing with path from PsychoPy 3.2.3.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
File “psychtoolbox/hid.pyc”, line 137, in init
File “psychtoolbox/hid.pyc”, line 145, in _create_queue
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

The same code does not yield this error on 3.2.3, so I ended up reverting to that version.

Please see my reply in another thread linked below. I think this is the same problem (but I have no idea about PsychoPy version etc.).

1 Like

This turned out to be an issue with Catalina moving the necessary selection box from “Accessibility” to “Input monitoring” in System Preferences. You need to drag PsychoPy app into the box and make sure it’s ticked:

In case this helps anyone, I have a Bluetooth keyboard for a Mac, and it does not work using the Bluetooth connection even when “Accessibility” to “Input monitoring” in System Preferences is adjusted. However, the issue is fixed when I connect it using a chord. Posting this here in case it is helpful.

Ah, yes, that would also be an issue. The new HID system is only suitable for wired keyboards.

1 Like