No access to keyboard/keypad/mouse

MacOS Catalina 10.15.5
PsychoPy v2020.1.2
Standard Standalone?: Yes

I am brand new to PsychoPy and built a simple Stroop experiment in the builder. When I try to run it, I get the following error and warning messages:

PsychHID-ERROR: Could not enumerate and attach to all HID devices (HIDBuildDeviceList(0,0) failed)!
PsychHID-ERROR: One reason could be that some HID devices are already exclusively claimed by some 3rd party device drivers
PsychHID-ERROR: or applications. I will now retry to only claim control of a hopefully safe subset of devices like standard
PsychHID-ERROR: keyboards, mice, gamepads and supported USB-DAQ devices and other vendor defined devices and hope this goes better…

PTB-WARNING: During PsychHID invocation: Some other running application is preventing me from accessing the keyboard/keypad/mouse/…!
PTB-WARNING: This is likely a security measure, e.g., to protect some active password entry field.
PTB-WARNING: Please identify and quit the offending application. E.g., some versions of Firefox are known to cause such problems…

After the experiment is launched, I cannot advance it using keystrokes.

Consulting a previous thread in this group (Keyboard psychtoolbox/hid failing with Mac OS Catalina update), I first tried adjusting system preference settings to make sure PyschoPy was selected for Input Monitoring. It was. I deleted it and added it back several times.

I also, uninstalled and installed several previous versions of PsychoPy from the v3 series. None of these previous versions allowed me to access my keyboard either.

Is it just an incompatability with Mac OS Catalina?

I have not had this problem before, but it looks like something else is preventing access to the mouse/keyboard/etc. Maybe try closing all other programs along with restarting PsychoPy?

Thank you so much for your suggestion. You’re right that the warning message makes it sound like something else is running in the background that’s preventing keyboard access. I just closed all other programs and applications and restarted PsychoPy, and it still did not work.

Sorry, I’m not sure then. Maybe someone else can help.