Border on move components

I’m experiencing an issue regarding unwanted borders on video stimuli!

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2020.2.10
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: Y
What are you trying to achieve?: Display movie components without a border (see images, first is the screen displayed on my windows device, the second is the same displayed on my Macbook. If I view the same experiment/setup on my Macbook using v3.0.3, the movie components have no border.

What did you try to make it work?: I’ve looked around for notes, but nothing seems to make these borders disappear. Of course this is a purely cosmetic issue, but it would be great if I could find a way to remove these! Any help would be appreciated :-).

I had a similar issue with images, maybe it works also for movies.

If you go to the image component, then to “advanced” and then select “nearest” instead of linear as interpolation option it could be solved.

Unfortunately there is no “advanced” tab for movie components - so I’m unable to change the interpolation. Thanks for your suggestions, though!

Hi, I am having the same issue using the builder. My Psychopy version is 2021.2.3 and I am running it on Win10.

I have an experiment that shows participants videos successively and all of them appear with a frame that is not in the original file. The frame creates an after image, which is a really bad issue for my experiment.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

In version 2022.2.0 we reworked :movie: Movie components on the back end, as with any .0 release approach with caution as it’s hot off the presses, but it may be that updating to this version will solve this problem.

Did anyone ever come up with solutions to this problem? I was using version 2022.2.4 and just upgraded to the most recent psychopy and python and still remains. It’s really problematic not being able to control whether there is a border or not. Is it possible to change the colour of the border at least?