Auditory oddball task-keyresponserecording

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

Win10 (e.g. Win10):
PsychoPy version v2023.1.2 (e.g. 1.84.x):

What are you trying to achieve?:
I am trying to put a keyboard response only to the target sound but not the standard sound. When standard sound is heard then participant should not do anything. But when the unique sound is heard participant should press spacebar.

What did you try to make it work?:
I have put a keyboard response where I made a correct response for the target stimuli is space but I have kept the standard tone correct response blank/.
What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
For every sound I have to now press spacebar which is not required for my task

Hello,
How do you distinguish between the sound? Do you have some kind of spreadsheet to feed the sounds?
Can you please share the experiment or tell us some more about the flow of the experiment?

Thanks,
Chen

ODDBALL.psyexp (27.1 KB)
1target9standardsounds.xlsx (8.0 KB)
I have uploaded the psychopy game i have created and also the excel sheet.
Yes, I have made a spreadsheet. I am new to psychopy so I could not figure it out.

This are the two sounds. i want only keyboard response when target audio is heard by participant and no response when standard tone can be heard.

What would be the trigger to end the routine on the standard tone?
Pressing a keypress is the only possible way to end the routine as of right now.

Also, I would change the paths in your spreadsheet to relative paths instead of absolute paths, so it will work on any machine without having to change it every single time:
1target9standardsounds.xlsx (8.3 KB)

D:/PURBASHA DAS/Downloads/PSYCHOPY ODDBALL/SOUNDS/standardTone.wav
to
SOUNDS/standardTone.wav

Chen

I have figured out the problem through some coding. Thanks for your help.
Yes I will change the path then.
Another thing is for some time I want the target sound to come very less. But after that I want to be more frequent. Should I use block or it will be a headache?

1 Like

Do you want the order to be randomized? If not, you can state all your conditions in the spreadsheet, having your loop in sequential order.
What do you mean by using a block?

Maybe you can use a staircase, depending on your experiment, of course.
https://www.psychopy.org/general/staircases.html