Attention Network task

Hi,

I am trying to re-create the ANT task on psychoPy but woth fewer trials so that in total it lasts for 15 minutes as I will be combining it with two additional tasks. I have downloaded the resources although I am unsure as to how to build it. Does anyone have a link to a demo that could help with understanding how to construct it on PsychoPy? Thank you.

Hi There! I would recommend downloading the gitlab repository for the available online version in pavlovia https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/demos/the-attention-network-task

Hope this helps,
Becca

Hi,

thank you but I need to re-create it with fewer trials I can only use the psychopy builder.

In this file there is a PsychoPy builder file

download the repository from the link and open the psyexp file in your builder :blush:

From there you can also adjust the number of trials

1 Like

Hi Becca,

when using the builder, how would you go about reducing the number of time the stimulus is repeated? I am also trying to reduce the length of the task but still want the participants to see all the trials

Amy

Hi Becca,

Thank you very much for this! it is very useful. I have a question. I would like to use this task in an experiment. Then, how can I cite this task if I use this version? By citing the web gitlab.pavlovia.org? Thanks!

Hi @Dohernba ! thanks for offering to cite, we need to upload relevant references for each of our demos from our side. For the moment I think it would be ok to use:

Open Science Tools core team (2021). The Attention Network Task [Computer software demo]. Retrieved from Sign in ยท GitLab

Since this is a basic demo maintained by the team

Thanks!
Becca

1 Like

We used the Attention Network Task ANT by Fan on github.

I see how it outputs 3 files: (a) .csv file, (b) log and (c) .psydat
Is there a script or instructions for process/ analysis of the final scores in each area?
I see in research articles you calculate the mean in each of the three areas: alerting, orienting, executive.

I basically need to know how to score this test. In the child version there is a script however we are using the adult version and I do not see a script for processing.
Child ANT
โ””โ”€โ”€ Analysis
โ””โ”€โ”€ Preprocessing_Script.py