Assigning unique participant numbers in daisy chain (pavlovia survey -> pavlovia)

Hi,

I have a study where participants first complete a short survey in pavlovia survey followed by a task on pavlovia.

In order to be able to combine datasets, at first I thought to use responseId which is automatically generated by survey. (e.g. “?participant=” + {responseId} )but that did not work (participant variable in pavlovia was always empty then)

I have now switched to to Wakefields vesper tool which creates consecutive numbers. The starting link is below. It does work initially in that a particpant number is defined and used in the survey, but it is not exported to pavlovia (in pavlovia, participant ID is always ‘false’ now)

https://moryscarter.com/vespr/pavlovia.php?folder=pavlovia&experiment=survey-2024.1.0&surveyId=232a20b9-02c7-444f-959f-9419bb8f61ea

completion URL in my survey is
"https://run.pavlovia.org/henning/emma_anti_saccade_task?participant="+{participant}

Why is this not working?

Best wishes,
Henning

The value for participant is being changed to “false” by the survey. Do you have anything that might be affecting it, such as a survey question called participant?

yes you were right. I had previously tried something to create a participant ID in the survey on the basis which was still in there. I have created a fresh link test survey and now the participant variable is correctly carried forward from survey to pavlovia task