Adding new python module to standalone psychopy

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - please just point me in the right direction…

I would like to use MeasurementComputing’s Universal Library - which is best installed using pip. How do I do that? How do I then tell PsychoPy that there’s a new module that I would like to be available inside the conda environment in which it runs.

Best wishes,
Jon

https://psychopy.org/recipes/addCustomModules.html

Hi,

Does this apply to recent versions of PsychoPy? There is talk of Python 2.7 and PsychoPy 1.7, but no mention of recent installation versions.

Cheers, Jon

I know the part about site-packages still applies. You can manually copy a library folder into your site-packages folder in the app and unless it requires additional installation it will be available to the standalone. I’ve done this with Selenium, for example. I haven’t tested the path modification.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I can confirm that by following the github instructions on how to install uldaq (to the letter!), then copying the uldaq folder from the system install folder (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/uldaq) to the PsychoPy install location (installed using virtualenv to: /home/jon/Environments/psychopy-py38/lib/python3.8/site-packages) got this working for me.

I can also report that adding [‘/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/uldaq’] in the paths section on the Preferences section for PsychoPy did not work.

Best wishes,
Jon

1 Like