Voice recording in naming task - how to measure reaction time?

Hello everyone,

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2022.1.1

What are you trying to achieve?: I need to conduct naming task experiment. I want to record answers and compare latencies in naming for cognates and noncognates. Unfortunately, my data “mic.started_raw” is identic with the time that picture showed up, so it tells me nothing. How to measure latency in miliseconds? (it’s like my mic is recording everything, not only the voice)

What did you try to make it work?: I’ve read about VoiceKeys, but I literally know nothing about programming so I would be extremely grateful if you help me with the coding part.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
I tried to implement the code that I found on discourse.psychopy.org but I didn’t work at all because I don’t know how to implement it properly into my procedure…

Thanks a lot!!! I’m in desperate need, Anka

Hi Anka,

Just wondering if you made any progress with this issue?

I’m in a similar position and have not been able to find a solution or a template experiment to measure naming latency (time between picture onset and naming response) and word duration (time between naming onset and naming offset).

Is there a prior post that provided code using the voice key function to measure naming latency?

Best,
FG