Videos are not played multiple times in Pavlovia

Hi all,

I had the same issue, where repeating videos in my experiment freezes the second time around. I tried the solution suggested here, inserting nameofMyMovie.play(); at the Beginning of the Routine and nameOfMyMovie.stop(); at the end of the Routine. It didn’t work and I also tried all the different combinations suggested in the other thread regarding similar issues: https://discourse.psychopy.org/t/video-stimuli-not-resetting-to-beginning-in-online-experiment/10459/12. None of those options also worked for me.

Finally, I used a different hack, where I pulled the durations of my videos and creating a new variable in the trial excel sheet named “time” in which each video’s corresponding duration in seconds is listed down. Then in the movie component of my routine, I set the stop duration to be $time, so that when each video play in the routine, the routine duration also matches that. Hence, even if the video end is not recognized by the pavlovia during the second run through and doesn’t force the end of the routine. The routine will still end after running for the duration equivalent to the video clip’s runtime. It was possible because I had only a few videos in my experiment, it may not be a solution for the experiments where there is a lot of videos and all of their runtimes are different!

However, still will be interested to see whether there are any alternative and better solutions!

Best,
Prasanth

1 Like