URL of experiment: Sign in · GitLab
Description of the problem: My experiment has videos in it using the movie component in builder. I previously had a version of the experiment where everything worked in Pavlovia, including all of the videos. However, something has changed recently (and for the life of me I can’t figure out what) which means that some of the videos no longer play, while some play fine. The experiment doesn’t crash, the video simply doesn’t show at all.
I am getting the following error when I look at developer tools:
Here’s what I have tried:
- Checked the videos which don’t play exist in the relevant video&audio folder which is in the experiment folder (they are)
- Checked video file names match the paths in the associated Excel spreadsheet (they do)
- Checked whether the video file names contain spaces (this was previously an issue, but they don’t)
- All videos are encoded the same way (h264 encoded .mp4 files, sampling rate of 44,100khz, AAC audio, 25 frames/second)
- Checked the videos that don’t play in Pavlovia play locally in PsychoPy (they do)
- Checked whether it’s the same videos not playing on each pilot (it is. If you want to test this, an example of a trial that doesn’t work is the word ‘feudal’; one that does work is ‘primal’)
- I have made a bespoke videoTest experiment which has all other elements removed except for the routine that is meant to play the videos. This routine is directly copy and pasted from the main experiment so everything should be exactly the same. All the videos run in this! Link to this here: Sign in · GitLab
- I have also tried adding all the videos as additional resources in the ‘Online’ tab of the experiment settings, to no avail
If anyone else has previously had this error and managed to solve it, please tell me what you did! Help and ideas for a solution very welcome - I could be missing something obvious.