Using paste key 'ctrl+v' on the Textbox response

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 1.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) : yes
What are you trying to achieve?:
I’d like to use the key function ‘ctrl+v’, so that participants can paste their IDs into the Textbox.
Because the ID is quite long and complex, it is difficult to memorize and type it by themselves.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
The ‘ctrl+v’ doesn’t work in the Textbox, either the right click.

Is there anyone how to use the ‘ctrl+v’ at the key response? or simply it isn’t possible?

I really appreciate your time in advance…!

Two approaches.

1. Use an embedded html form. See vesper/demographics for an example.

2. Where is this id coming from? Could you set it automatically using a URL variable?

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

1. May I ask you where’s the vesper/demographics example ?

2. The id is coming from Prolific, but I use Google Form, instead of Qualtrics, to get the consent then plan to redirect it to Pavlovia.
    I’m sorry, but I have no clue how to set the id using a URL variable.

1. PsychoPy Online Demos

2. I don’t think Google forms can pass through URL variables. You might like to try New web app. VESPR Study Portal

A URL variable is something like https://moryscarter.com/vespr?participant=1&session=2 (which has participant and session as variables in the URL)

1 Like

Sorry to keep bothering you.

I checked the template_lastrun.py code from PsychoPy Online Demos and the relevant code was like this

if Gender.status == STARTED and not waitOnFlip:
        theseKeys = Gender.getKeys(keyList=['w', 'm', 'n', 'd', 'p'], waitRelease=False)

From my understanding it seems like the response are answered in a key response.

However, what I expect is to have an blue text box as in the demo experiment https://run.pavlovia.org/vespr/demographics/ (captured below)

Am I misunderstanding something?

Best,

Was template_lastrun.py in the Demographics folder? It’s not relevant to that demo. Brookes Template 2020 embeds a different form and has age and gender in standard PsychoPy routines.

You should be looking at demographics.psyexp and demographics.html

You were right. I was mistakenly opened up different code.

Though I couldn’t figure out how to put the html text box in the psychopy, actually I found that participant can use paste key (ctrl+v) from the online experiment…!

Thanks for the reply…!