Using Multiple Keyboard Components in 1 Routine

OS Win10
What are you trying to achieve?: In one routine, I want to display two images each that have a key response of ‘space’. The first image (what1) and key response(key_resp_2) have the correct settings because they lead to image #2(what2_). The key response for image #2(key_resp_4) (i.e., ‘space’), does not allow psychopy to move to the next routine.

What did you try to make it work?: Based on a previous conversation topic (see below image) I saw on psychopy’s website, I added a start condition to key response #2(key_resp_4) called “key_resp_2.keys”.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: The image#2(what2_) stayed on the screen after the space bar was clicked and did not progress to the next routine.

No idea if this is important, but I wonder why you have a blank condition as the “Stop” criterion instead of a blank duration. Maybe the key_resp_4 is immediately stopped when it starts?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have tried both the blank duration and the black condition as the stop criteria. Neither one allows the project to progress to the next routine.

Could you make your experiment available so I can have a look?