Using Logitech Throttle to collect continuous data on two sliders, preferable in MacOS

I would like to convert a paradigm using in Presentation into PsychoPy and could use some advice on whether it’s possible.

I want to show videos, and then get people to give continuous ratings on two dimensions on sliders on each side of the screen, using a Logitech Throttle (Logitech G Flight Simulator Throttle Quadrant for Multi-Engine Aircraft) to collect the ratings at some polling interval (e.g., every 200 msec). You could, for example, watch a lecture and rate how interesting and how confusing the lecture is.

I think I might be able to treat the slider as though it were a joystick and collect the x value from one throttle slider and the y from the other one. But I haven’t figured out how to get PsychoPy to recognize the device.

This paper -

Fayn, K., Willemsen, S., Muralikrishnan, R., Castaño Manias, B., Menninghaus, W., & Schlotz, W. (2022). Full throttle: Demonstrating the speed, accuracy, and validity of a new method for continuous two-dimensional self-report and annotation. Behavior Research Methods, 54(1), 350–364. Full throttle: Demonstrating the speed, accuracy, and validity of a new method for continuous two-dimensional self-report and annotation | Behavior Research Methods

I realize most people who post here are further along than I am, but I would welcome any initial thoughts about the feasibility of doing this, as well as any tips on tools or tricks I can use.

Wakefield Morys-Carter’s interactive slider (sorry had to take the link out to be able to post it) makes me think this should be doable…