Urgent help needed PsychoPy crash and our study starts this Sunday!

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:y
**What are you trying to achieve?: After modifying the audio In PychoPy3>Preferences>Hardware I changed from [‘sounddevice’, ‘PTB’, ‘pyo’, ‘pygame’, ] to [‘PTB’, ‘sounddevice’, ‘pyo’, ‘pygame’ ]
the program crashed. I have uninstall it and re-install it and nothing works. When I try to open Psychopy I don’t see any screens at all.
When I launch the python code bart.py from PyCharm I receive the following error message
C:\Users\win\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe “C:/Users/win/Dropbox/1 Mon Switch/4. Cours Bernard/THESE/EEG/BART-FR/bart.py”
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\win\Dropbox\1 Mon Switch\4. Cours Bernard\THESE\EEG\BART-FR\bart.py”, line 16, in
from psychopy import locale_setup
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘psychopy’

Process finished with exit code 1

Thank you very much for your help. Our study starts on Sunday and I need help.

I found the workaround. I’m relieved :smile:

Cleaning preferences and app data

Every time you shut down PsychoPy (by normal means) your current preferences and the state of the application (the location and state of the windows) are saved to disk. If PsychoPy is crashing during startup you may need to edit those files or delete them completely.

The exact location of those files varies by machine but on windows it will be something like %APPDATA%psychopy3 and on Linux/MacOS it will be something like ~/.psychopy3. You can find it running this in the commandline (if you have multiple Python installations then make sure you change python to the appropriate one for PsychoPy:

python -c “from psychopy import prefs; print(prefs.paths[‘userPrefsDir’])”