Uploaded project online and now I get an error message when I try to open it locally

So I am trying to upload my experiment online. I was getting the error

the requested local path for project… sits inside another folder, which git will not permit. You might like to set the project local folder to be…

Going onto pavlovia I saw that my experiment name was there however there was no code. I manually uploaded the html file, the .psyexp file, and the “read me” file over pavlovia.

Now when I go to run the experiment locally, I am getting the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/exceptions.py”, line 304, in wrapped_f
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/mixins.py”, line 112, in get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/client.py”, line 662, in http_get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/client.py”, line 628, in http_request
gitlab.exceptions.GitlabHttpError: 404: 404 Project Not Found

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/_psychopyApp.py”, line 653, in MacOpenFile
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/_psychopyApp.py”, line 589, in newBuilderFrame
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 208, in init
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 735, in fileOpen
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 1253, in getProject
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/v4/objects/projects.py”, line 782, in get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/exceptions.py”, line 306, in wrapped_f
gitlab.exceptions.GitlabGetError: 404: 404 Project Not Found

Does anyone know what is causing this error and how to fix it?

Just wanted to come on here and say that I’m having this issue with a project, as well! I got the exact same code. If anyone has any suggestions for what to do, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Hi @elangston and @stephwert,

please check my bug report and the solution to this issue that I describe there. Maybe it works for you too: