Unhandled internal error when moving experiment to pavlovia

Hello! I tried to move my experiment to pavlovia and an unhandled internal error message showed up:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1326, in onPavloviaSync
retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 508, in syncProject
infoStream=syncFrame)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\functions.py”, line 96, in showCommitDialog
changeDict, changeList = project.getChanges()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 902, in getChanges
changeDict[‘untracked’] = self.repo.untracked_files
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\repo\base.py”, line 662, in untracked_files
return self._get_untracked_files()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\repo\base.py”, line 688, in _get_untracked_files
finalize_process(proc)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\util.py”, line 333, in finalize_process
proc.wait(**kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 415, in wait
raise GitCommandError(self.args, status, errstr)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe’) failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe status --porcelain --untracked-files
stderr: 'error: bad signature
fatal: index file corrupt

Does anyone know how to fix this? For some reason, the experiment is listed on the dashboard page on the pavlovia website but the repository is empty, so my files weren’t transferred :confused:

Hello,

The error is related to the index-file of git. It has been damaged. Store a copy of it outside your experiment folder if you want, then delete it (e.g. del .git\index), reset your git by issuing the following command in a command line in your experiment folder:
git reset

See also Failing to upload with error "--untracked-files stderr: fatal: bad object HEAD"

Best wishes Jens

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for your answer :slight_smile: I got 5 or 6 different error messages the past few days and I’m really new to this so I am slightly confused at this point :smiley: Do you mean the gitlab folder or the experiment folder on my computer?

Hello,

there is a git folder in you experiment folder. It might been hidden because it is called .git. You have to execute the command in your experiment folder. The guy-index file of this particular git-folder is corrupt.

Best wishes Jens.

Alright, thanks! I deleted the file successfully but the reset command gave me the output “Object not found”. :thinking: Do you have any idea why that happened?

Hello,

search for git Object not found. You find a couple of suggestions how to resolve the problem.

Best wishes Jens

1 Like