Unhandled internal error encountered in PsychoPy

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): PsychoPy3 2022.1.1
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y
What are you trying to achieve?: I just designed a very simple experiment with three routines containing sample text stimuli and keyboard components to check if I can upload my experiments online on Pavlovia.

What did you try to make it work?: I clicked on the Pavlovia Run button (the first globe icon) and created a project.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information.

I could not see any html or .js files in my online repository while they were generated in my local folder, so I clicked on the sync button but it gave me an “unhandled internal error” something like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1372, in onPavloviaSync
self.fileExport(htmlPath=htmlPath)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 808, in fileExport
self.generateScript(experimentPath=exportPath,
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py”, line 71, in generateScript
compileScript(infile=exp, version=None, outfile=filename)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py”, line 245, in compileScript
_makeTarget(thisExp, outfile, targetOutput)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py”, line 217, in makeTarget
script = thisExp.writeScript(outfile, target=targetOutput, modular=True)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment_experiment.py”, line 286, in writeScript
self_copy.settings.writeInitCodeJS(script, self_copy.psychopyVersion,
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\components\settings_init
.py", line 834, in writeInitCodeJS
with open(os.path.join(folder, “index.html”), ‘wb’) as html:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘F:\Trial\index.html’

I checked if I was still logged into the Pavlovia account and I was. I tried doing the same thing on another device with Windows 10 but I frequently encountered errors even then. I am not sure why I am getting such an error for even a simple experiment.

1 Like

Not sure if this is this exact same error that I had, but for me deleting one of “Experiment info” fields that I added solved the problem.