Unexpected errors when switching from 3.2.0 to 3.1.0

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem: This experiment has been experiencing so many technical errors that I have data from nearly the participants who have attempted to run it. According to previous posts, some of these could be mitigated by switching from version 3.2.0 to 3.1.0. I have done this. However, when I switch to 3.1.0, I receive an unexpected number error from the 5th line in the JS code (shown below).

It seems like the code generated adds quotes around the numbers in the URL. Obviously, this should not be happening. As you can see, it does so for all of the paths in this section of the code.

This does not occur when the version of the experiment is set to 3.2.0.

Additionally, once I had manually fixed these errors in the JS file, the experiment encountered the following error:

This is due to frameDur not being set as a variable in this version of the JS code. I’m not sure how this happened either.

Having added the line:

var frameDur;

into the JS code manually, an further error occurs:

It seems that there are a number of errors that occur when changing the version from 3.2.0 to 3.1.0. I’m not sure how best to resolve them.

Please advise.

Hi @unagi_pie, this is a known bug, but if you select just “3.1” as the version in Experiment Settings, the version will be formatted correctly in the JavaScript.

The remaining errors occur as a result of the versioning error, causing the JS to fail to parse correctly and ending the JS compile process in PsychoPy, therefore leaving all of your remaining variables undefined. The above will fix the ReferenceErrors.