psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Unable to run experiment on pavlovia - "Warning setting value of attribute"

W10, psychopy 2020.2.4, builder.

Hello! I inherited an experiment and it runs on my local machine, however it does not work on pavlovia and I am not sure what the error means. [Link to experiment]

Inspecting the error code in the browser (chrome, firefox) I see the following:

INFO unknown | [PsychoJS] Start Experiment.
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: Start as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: instructions2 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: promot_trial1 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: sentencesTrial1 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: wordsTrail1 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: instr_2 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: responsesTrial1Text as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: promot_trial2 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: sentencesTrial2 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: wordsTrial2 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: instr as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: responsesTrial2Text as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: promot_trial3 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: sentencesTrial3 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: wordsTrial3 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: instr_3 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: responsesTrial3Text as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: Trial_end_Screen as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
log4javascript.min.js:1 WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: size in PsychObject: text_13 as: undefined
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
core-2020.2.js:1822 null
window.onerror @ core-2020.2.js:1822
log4javascript.min.js:1 FATAL unknown | null
BrowserConsoleAppender.append @ log4javascript.min.js:1
core-2020.2.js:721 windowAlreadyInFullScreen: true
core-2020.2.js:721 windowAlreadyInFullScreen: false

I believe that the experiment was written a while ago (can’t be sure) but given how it works on my latest local PsychoPy I assumed it would be fine on pavlovia.

I saw that this post and this post discuss similar errors but using image stimuli (#1) and running on iphone (#2). I have tried changing the size units to a couple of the alternatives but this didn’t do anything. It seems like this is a known error - in that case, is there any more information on this?

1 Like

Hi there,

Please could you make your project public so that we can view the content?

View code <> > settings (cog image on left side of project) > permissions> public

Then share the url of that page with us.

Thanks,
Becca

Hi Becca, sorry I hadn’t realised. It’s public now - the pavlovia page is here and the gitlab page is here.

Hi There,

I notice that the html file contains no .js file (which is probably why this won’t run online). Looking at your files here, I see you have 3 .psyexp files in the same folder. Have you tried pushing your project when only one .psyexp file is in the folder (the one you will use for your study) - this is the recommended approach because otherwise pavlovia won’t “know” which file it is using to run your experiment.

Thanks,
Becca

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I attempted this again after syncing with just one of the .psyexp files but the problem remained. So I moved only the relevant files (none of the html folder or .git) to a new directory and created a new repo via the builder but to no avail. (New repo link here, new pavlovia link here).