Unable to change movie stimulus position

PsychoPy version: v2020 1.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n): yes
What are you trying to achieve?:
I would like to set the position of the centre of a movie stimulus.

What did you try to make it work?:
I’ve tried to set the position in the component properties window:

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
The centre of the movie stimulus keeps being presented in the centre of the screen. I suppose it is because the movie is full-window. Is it possible to set the position of a full-window movie stimulus? (As far as I know it is possible in the case of text and image components.)

Thank you,
Kriszti

What happens if you give the movie a size?

Thank you for your response! :slightly_smiling_face: Although I need the videos in their original size, I tried to resize them, and unfortunately, it doesn’t work either.

I forgot to include in the description that the size of the videos are 1500x900 pixels, their extension is .mp4, and their frame rate is 50 frames/second, perhaps this additional information is useful. The size of my window is 1536x864 pixels.

I have the stimuli on the centre of the screen in the videos:

What I really need is to show the stimuli in the centre of the movies in their original size. My question is whether it is possible to change the position of these movies without changing their size (so that their side parts won’t be presented on the window)?

Hi kriszti,
My movie can’t change position or size, either.(I use vision 2021.2.3) Have you solved the problem yet? If so, how did you solve it? Hope for your reply and thank you in advance

Such issues are usually due to confusion over what units are being used. e.g. in the original post above, specifying a position of (-0.15, 0) would have no visible effect if the units in effect were pixels, would be subtle in deg or cm, but should be easily noticeable if the units were height or norm.

Explicitly apply a units setting for your stimulus, or make sure you know what default is in place for the overall experiment. See here for details:
https://www.psychopy.org/general/units.html