Trying to control a fingertip stimulation device with PsychoPy

Mac OS
PsychoPy version: v2021.1.4
Standalone version

What are you trying to achieve?:
I have recently purchased an MRI-compatible vibrotactile device to conduct a functional MRI experiment. I am trying to have PsychoPy trigger the device at regular intervals with parameters specified in a tsv file (stimulation amplitude, frequency, and duration).
Here is the basic connectivity:

| Device|------ BNC to BNC filters to BNC -----| Device Controller|----- USB 2.0------| iMac|

Not USB powered, by the way.

The device came with an App for testing the device and we have been able to trigger the device via the App so everything is connected properly and the device is recognized by the computer. So it seems that, in theory, I wouldn’t need a USB2TTL type device since the iMac is able to trigger the device via the App. I cannot use their App for my experiment because it is not meant to be used in that way.

I also can find it listed in About this Mac —> System Report —> USB

The issue I am having might stem from a lack of knowledge of computers in general or from not knowing all the ins and outs of PsychoPy and its features. In the Builder, when I look at the Components panel, under I/O I don’t seem to be able to find a USB option. I do see a Parallel Out option but when I look at the Port addressed under Hardware, I don’t see a matching port address.
So, my question is how do get PsychoPy to link up with my device and trigger it using stimulation parameters from a tsv file (amplitude, frequency, duration).

I watched hours of tutorials but haven’t been lucky enough to find something on that topic.

Thank you for your help!