Troubleshooting

Hi all,

Have recently moved offices and had to go through installing PsychoPy and bringing my files over to another computer setup.

I now received the following message when trying to run an experiment and can’t view a script:

Blockquote

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1066, in runFile
self.app.runner.panel.runLocal(event)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\runner\runner.py”, line 554, in runLocal
exp=self.loadExperiment())
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py”, line 73, in generateScript
compileScript(infile=exp, version=None, outfile=filename)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py”, line 242, in compileScript
_makeTarget(thisExp, outfile, targetOutput)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py”, line 233, in _makeTarget
f.write(scriptText)
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

Blockquote

Any help appreciated! :slight_smile:

That’s strange, could you upload the .psyexp file of the experiment you’re trying to compile? I’ll give it a go with some print statements at that point to see what it doesn’t like about scriptText as an argument.

Sure. Once this issue is ironed out, I hope to start working on your tips for providing feedback to participants (% correct after ‘x’ number of trials). Thanks for your help, Todd.

PsychoPy AX-CPT90min.psyexp (22.8 KB)

When I try to compile it I don’t get that error, however there is another error with the new release whereby it can’t compile due to a legacy pref item; you’re getting a different error message, but it could be that?

Check out this thread for a solution: