Trouble ending staircases after reaching reversal limit

PsychoPy version: 2023.1.2

What are you trying to achieve?

I am trying to interleave two simple, adaptive staircases in the Builder and end each staircase once it has reached nReversals specified in the conditions file below; however, I have found through testing the program and plotting the results that the program does not terminate a staircase after nReversals and instead continues.

For example, below I’ve plotted the path of each staircase. The first ends at 15 trials, but after the wrong number of reversals (6). The second ends at 20 trials, but again after the wrong number of reversals (4).

If anybody knows what the issue is, how to troubleshoot this, or if there is something I am missing, please let me know. I really appreciate it!

Hi,

I’m not sure, but I think the code to handle reversals was not implemented in the interleaved staircase (apologies to the developers if I’m speaking out of turn). I see exactly the same behaviour with my code. However, it would be relatively straightforward to track the number of correct/incorrect responses, and terminate the staircase loop when the limit had been met?

Best wishes,
Jon