Transitioning to the API's in AudioComponent.h

Hi everyone,

After I run an experiment, I get the following warning in my PsychoPy output window:

2016-08-08 14:26:33.565 python[7164:747523] 14:26:33.565 WARNING: 140: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API’s in AudioComponent.h.

I’ve tried looking into this and it seems like an issue with Apple updating their software. Here are my system specs: OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6 MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015).

Although everything is working fine for me right now - video and audio stimuli - for my experiment, I am concerned that in the near future, I may not be able to play the sound component for my videos. How do I address this warning?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Please edit your post to tell us what version of PsychoPy (“about” menu item) and what audio backend (look in the preferences)

Version of PsychoPy: v1.83.04

I’m a little confused by what you mean by ‘audio backend’. If the following is not what you need, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Is it the audio library: [‘pyo’, ‘pygame’]
audio driver [‘core audio’,‘portaudio’]

Thanks (both are useful on this occasion).

I don’t think you’ve got anything to worry about in the near future, but I’ll pass the message on to the people that write pyo and encourage them to update their code.

For now you can ignore that message, but thanks for letting us know

1 Like