Timing between pressing the last keypress (of rating scales) and starting fixation becomes slower or delayed

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Win7
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v.3.1.5
Standard Standalone? (y/) yes
What are you trying to achieve?:
Hi, I am trying to present a series of image stimuli with 3 different rating scale tasks, followed by fixation. A set of images is created by two randomly paired images using an excel file, so the two images are shown on the screen at the same time.

A trial consists of reading the set of images for 2.5s, and performing 3 different tasks by rating scale about the same set of images. The 3 tasks are randomised using nReps function with an excel file. Then, the duration of fixation was randomised using a code. I have total 168 trials.

Everything was working well, except timing issue here.
For the first 25-30 trials, I haven’t noticed any timing issue, but then while the number of trials is increased (e.g. 30th trials ~), the gap between accepting keypress and presenting the next rating scale task or fixation becomes slower or delayed.

I checked log files, and could see the first couple of trials showed 0.12s gap from getting the last keypress of rating scale to presenting fixation/or stimuli, but again for example, at 30th trials, I could see this gap becomes 1s. This occurs incrementally.
( the gap between different rating scales seems less than the gap between the last keypress of rating scale and the fixation)

What did you try to make it work?:
I tried to close the excel file in the code, which is prepared for randomising the two images, but it did not work to solve timing issue.

The delayed or slower timing issue is not solved yet, any thought?

It seems delayed timing issue happens relating with the inner loop (i.e. ‘rand_tasks’ using nReps) and fixation, not the outer loop of trials - i am attaching my log files here to show 1st, 44th, 46th trial. Would appreciate if any of you have suggestion on this. thank you.

1st trial gap

44th trial gap

46th trial gap

finally solved.

I’ve unchecked ‘Is trials’ section in the properties of both the loop of individual task and and the loop of ‘rand_tasks’, and there is no delayed or slower timing issue ( no need to close the excel file in the outer loop of trials neither).

Am also attaching the picture below: