psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Timestamp of movies

I’m new to psychopy and have a problem using MovieStim.seek(timestamp). Is there a way to extract the timestamp of the video at a certain point(i.e. after pressing a key, and get the timestamp of the video when the key is pressed)? Thanks.

Hi @guckmalmensch, you could achieve this by giving a keytboard and moviestim the same onset time, and whenever a key is pressed, you can collect the response time, and use that as your timestamp. Do you want to store multiple timestamps, or the time of the first key response, or something else?

1 Like

I have a similar problem. I am using the builder and I need to pause videos at their last frame, however, they have different lengths and their onset time depends on other factors. How can we make movies freeze at their ending frame? @dvbridges any ideas? I will very much appreciate some.

By freezing the last frame, you mean have the movie scene continued to be paused indefinitely on the screen on the last frame?

Using coder, this can be achieved easily. If you have some python background, you can insert a mov.pause() function once the movie is at the last frame of the play (for) loop; where mov is your MovieStim item.

Otherwise, can you post the part of your builder code that plays the movie here?