The EEG failed to send triggers when using the adapter with a thunderbolt connector

OS (e.g. Win10):
PsychoPy version (e.g. 2024.2.4 Py 3.10):
Standard Standalone Installation? (y)
Do you want it to also run online? (n)
What are you trying to achieve?: I want to use my laptop to send trigger to the receiving computer through an adapter with a Thunderbolt port, but the signal couldn’t be sent. Also, when I use E-Prime, the signal can be sent normally. However, with Psychopy, I tried many programs (used by others for testing, and they work on their computers), but no trigger was detected in the receiving computer.

it’s my port address and test code:

Hello @yz1308786079

The address that you use in your test-code and the address of your lpt3 differ from each other.

Best wishes Jens

Thanks for your reply, Jens. I was following this link: Communicating via a Parallel Port — PsychoPy v2025.2.0 to add a new port address. Based on your comment, should I be using a different address instead? Do you happen to know how I can find the correct port address on my computer?

Thanks again, YZ

I have solved this question by moving inpout32.h, inpout32.dll, and inpout32.lib to the path C:/Windows/System32. It means we need to move all six files to Disk C, not only three files as the tutorial mentioned.